Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of March 20, 2018
Minutes prepared by Elisa Roberts, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Daniel, Elisa, Rachael, Deborah, Erik, Sally, Brent
Clergy attending: Joy, Nick
– For Jan-Feb, expenditures exceeded income by $2900, largely due to costs of stage remodeling and materials for renovation tasks.
– Approved increasing tithe to ADOTS from 1.9% last year to 4% this year, with target of achieving 10%
– Giving through tithely.com has been as high as 26%, but for Jan-Feb was 9.4%. It is really too soon to see how that will settle in.
– Budget Committee will meet March 27.
– Stage work is mostly done until we work on the floor, which should come after the walls.
– Saturday is planned as an outside workday, but it might rain.
– Rachel and crew are starting work on the entryway.
– Joy is making banners, and Daniel will hang.
– Aaron and Daniel will look at changing out stage spots for warmer ones.
– It looks like we can get a special deal on carpeting.
Lent & Holy Week:
– Aaron will develop sign-up for potluck items.
– Holy Week services will all start at 6:30. Aaron will see about basins and towels for foot-washing.
– Andrew Randazzo has offered to do CPR training for folks serving in ONA.
– Nick encouraged us to ask questions of both old and new folks to share in their lives.
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday April 17 in upper meeting room.