Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of June 18, 2019
Minutes prepared by Daniel Yoder, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Brent, Daniel, Deborah, Gregg, Rusty, Spencer
Clergy attending: Joy
- May tithes and offerings were at $13.3k and May expenses were $11.4k.
- May giving was very similar to last May
- There will be high expenditures in June for the approved renovations.
Building and Facility Updates
- there are now 5 mowing crews, and this seems to be going well
- RE Sparks has completed painting the Sanctuary, and work on the bathrooms will proceed over the next two weeks
- a bulletin board for posting approved information on ONA activities and announcement was installed. This is not meant to be a personal posting board
Preparation for Aaron’s Sabbatical
The Parish Council has tentatively approved a sabbatical for Aaron in 2020. A committee was formed (with Brent Wood as Chair) to propose preparations for this.
- September will be the times for a New Wineskins Conference in Asheville, and for the ONA 10-year anniversary celebration.
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday August 6 in the upper meeting room.