Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of May 21, 2019
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Daniel, Deborah, Gregg, Rusty, Spencer
Clergy attending: Joy
- April tithes and offerings were at $12, 915.
- April expenses were relatively high due to an initial payment on the renovations and lights.
- April giving was slightly lower than last April
- Joy purchased MinistrySafe, which was lower than expected, at $100.
Health and Emergency Preparation
- The Council agreed to purchase a portable defibrillator
- Andrew Randazzo can get one for us at reduced cost, and is willing to provide support and training. Aaron will follow up with Andrew on that.
- Aaron will follow up on establishing a more formal Medical Team
Building and Facility Updates
- we have 4 mowing crews in place, and established a 5th at the meeting
- most of the new lights in the Fellowship Hall have been installed, and that should be completed soon
- the water sensor in the cellar has been installed
- air intake grates in the Sanctuary and a Bulletin Board are next on the to-do list
- remodeling with R.E. Sparks will begin June 3. Gregg will coordinate with them to get them a key.
- Amber will follow up with getting the remaining items for the bathroom renovation
- Amber will follow up with Rachel on selecting a paint color for the Sanctuary
- we are registered in Tennessee as a church, but are not so registered with the US government
- after examining the options, the Council chose not to currently pursue this status
- attendance has continued to increase. Our high Sundays are now above 170, and our low Sundays in the 130s. The average is over 150. All of these are a jump up of about 20 over last year.
- Amber and Aaron will explore meeting with Belle Morris Elementary and Whittle Springs Middle School about possible service activities.
- Rusty explored possibly getting a Mobile Meals route, but the times are very limited.
- Daniel will install a bulletin board to assist in posting notices.
- Aaron will be on vacation May 28 – June 2.
- Aaron has been receiving very positive feedback on how newcomers feel about ONA
- not everyone has been meeting their commitments in a timely manner; Aaron and Gregg will follow up
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday June 18 in the upper meeting room.