Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of Oct. 16, 2018
Minutes prepared by Joy Guilford, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Rachel, Brent, Daniel
Absent: Erik, Deborah, Sally
Clergy attending: Brad
– no report
– approved $250 for upgrading Nursing Room
Lots of projects ongoing:
– Painting day was an amazing success. Rachel will send a thank-you on behalf of the Parish Council
– The kitchen leak appears stabilized; Daniel will do patching in preparation for later painting.
– Work on the Library is ongoing; Daniel will redo shelves.
– Redoing the sanctuary floors is still on hold.
– Replacing the upper air conditioning unit still on hold.
– Will begin cleaning out the downstairs office to allow it to be used.
– Basketball goal will be put up soon.
– Lake Day was great success.
– Bishop’s visit went well.
– Rex and Christy’s wedding went very well.
– Covenant Journey schedule
— Journey sessions 9am Sunday Oct. 21 and 28, 10am and noon Saturday Oct. 27, 6:30pm Wednesday Oct. 24
— childcare provided for the Wednesday and 2nd Sunday sessions
— Covenanting celebration evening Sunday Nov. 4
– Synod Nov. 2 & 3
– potluck and Parish Meeting after church Sunday Nov. 18
– Christ the King Sunday Nov. 25
Parish Council Selection:
– Nominating Committee has met and is proposing a slate of 6 to fill 6 empty seats
— slate and Parish Meeting must be announced at least two weeks beforehand
— Brad will write up a short summary about this for distribution in church
Aaron News and Notes
– Aaron’s pipe instructor will play for Christ the King Sunday
– clergy examining Godspeed program for study during Living Catechism
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday Nov. 20 in upper meeting room.