Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of December 3, 2019
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Daniel, Deborah, Gregg, Mary, Rusty
Clergy attending: Nick
- November giving exceeded expenditures by about $1000
- Year-to-date giving is currently above budget, and spending is under budget
- Deborah will continue to serve as Treasurer and attend the meetings
- the PC was generally pleased by the new Covenant Journey process, and feels it is important to continue that. There were just under 100 signatures on the Covenant
- the potluck and Parish Meeting ran smoothly and efficiently
- Lessons and Carols will take place on 12/11, and there will be a Christmas Eve service
- Epiphany will include house blessings and there will be several baptisms
- The PC approved a special clergy Christmas dinner
- need a paper towel dispenser in the Nursery bathroom
- need to mount the Covenants
- Aaron and Nick will be working on the offices
- work on the front door lights is ongoing
- Lloyd’s electric will give Gregg quotes for outdoor lighting
- timing of pre-approved expenditures (flooring and carpet) will be explored by the Budget Committee
- Aaron is still exploring options for laminated bulletins. The current idea is to have paper bulletins for Lent and Easter and special events, but a single laminated bulletin for all other seasons.
- we will likely have missionaries speak on Jan 15 and 22
- Gregg is suggesting a Men’s Retreat for May 16.
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday January 7 in the upper meeting room.