Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of February 4, 2020
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Charleen, Daniel, Gregg, Mary, Spencer
Clergy attending: Joy
- contributions in January were particularly high, including a special gift designated to pay for carpet and flooring
- Spencer outlined the proposed budget established by the Budget Committee. Even given the total additional cost of Aaron’s sabbatical ($6k) and additional staffing costs associated with Nick becoming priest, the rising level of giving and promised additional contributions make things look very good
- the Budget Committee proposed keeping a $60k reserve fund and setting aside $15k for the new HVAC and $8k for flooring, and using the remaining amount to pay down on the mortgage. The PC unanimously approved that proposal.
- some minor tasks were completed
- Aaron received a quote for carpeting the Overflow and Sacristy and the stairways, and laying laminate in the downstairs hallway and nursery bathroom. It appears all that can be done for about $8k
- Aaron will work with Russ on getting the new HVAC unit for the upstairs. this was recommended because of increasing use of the Commons
- Aaron and Nick will be working on the offices
- Ash Wednesday will be 2/26 with both morning and evening services. Tab is working with the Youth to provide artwork on the Stations of the Cross to decorate the sanctuary
- Gregg is suggesting a Men’s Retreat for May (date TBD), which the Council approved
- other upcoming events include Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, and a songwriter workshop June 5-6.
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday March 3 in the Commons.