Blog


Parish Council Meeting Summary – July 6, 2021

Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of July 6, 2021
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder

Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Charleen, Daniel, Gregg, Mary, Rusty, Spencer
Absent:
Clergy attending: Joy, Nick

Financial Report

  • The building was paid off in June, and the paid Title of Deed received, to be registered at the Courthouse
  • A post office box will be rented on Friday
  • Year-to-date giving exceeds expenditures by about $30k

Facilities

  • the PC approved spending about $1000 each for three new half doors (also called Dutch doors) for installation in the children’s rooms downstairs.
  • Nick will check whether a children’s room door with glass could replace the Office door
  • Aaron will ask Chris to check the toilet in the 1st children’s room

Other Business

  • Mary brought up the formation of Welcome Teams, who will follow up with visitors, including writing them a note and setting up a time to meet. Aaron and Nick will give thought to who would be the best fits for this.
  • Nick asked about a discretionary fund for Clergy to draw from for hosting parishioners. The PC approved $1250 for the remainder of the year, to be spent on the ONA cards
  • Aaron’s sabbatical appears all set. The PC had previously approved $6000 for that, and Aaron will document that by submitting receipts
  • the PC expressed deep appreciation for how long and well Deborah has served as volunteer Treasurer, but feels that as the congregation and financial complexity has grown we now can and should pay for this service. Aaron will follow up with Spencer on who might be best for this.
  • Nick and Rusty and Gregg will explore options to Tithe.ly for giving options that may charge lower fees and provide additional services
  • the PC approved Aaron finding someone to take over the 2nd through 5th graders, primarily on Wednesday evening, but also for special events.

Upcoming events

  • Membership classes will begin somewhat earlier this year, hopefully reducing the pressure later in the fall
  • the PC will need to determine who is rolling off, and the Nominating Committee will need to propose a new slate
  • the Covenanting Service is planned for Nov. 1
  • the Parish Business Meeting is planned for right after church on Nov. 14
  • Charleen is planning a meal together to thank the PC members and especially Deborah

Aaron closed the meeting with prayer.

Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday August 3 in the Commons

Comments ( 0 )

    Leave A Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *