Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of July 7, 2020 (by Zoom)
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Charleen, Daniel, Gregg, Mary, Rusty, Spencer
- Financials look strong, with giving in Jan-June exceeding spending by about 20%, partly due to greatly reduced building costs
- over that period our giving has exceeded the budget by about $3300, while spending is far below
- we have about $14k in the Covid-19 discretionary fund
- we decided to give $1k of Missionary Initiative funds to a member’s family, whose business recently burned
- we voted to reimburse Deborah $500 for her additional time spent on ONA activities
- both the outdoor morning and evening Zoom services appear to be going well, with no need for any substantial changes. The outdoor services have seen some new people attending, and the children have handled things very well. The morning inclusion of Eucharist wine appears to work well. We see no need at this point to change anything in the services
- we agreed to allow the outside groups meeting at ONA on Monday and Thursday evening to begin using the space again, with the understanding that they will adhere to the 5 Core Principals
- Aaron and Nick will get the wiring in the Office checked before continuing to work on re-covering it and painting.
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday August 4 in the Commons or by Zoom.