Blog


Parish Council meeting summary of March 5, 2019

Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Meeting Summary, meeting of March 5, 2019
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder

Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Daniel, Deborah, Gregg, Rusty, Spencer
Absent:
Clergy attending: Nick and Brad

Targeted giving:

  • Daniel has produced a proposed list of special giving projects (both facilities and others) , which we will post in the building on and ONA bulletin board Daniel will add in a highly trafficked area

Financial Report:

  • January tithes and special offerings were well above budget
  • a $7000 payment on the mortgage principal was made through a special gift
  • the PC agreed to pay an additional $30,000 against principal from savings
  • 55% of January tithes and 20% of February tithes were made through Tithe.ly

Budget review:

  • the PC discussed and approved the budget recommended by the Budget Committee, which included substantial pay increases for supported clergy
  • the PC approved an expenditure of $1000 to cover participation in the Ministry Safe program (which includes background checks and online training) for all congregants helping with child and youth ministries (about 40 people)
  • the PC approved $900 for new albs for Aaron and the Altar Guild
  • the process included a review of some job descriptions, resulting in a commitment to reassign some responsibilities

Facilities Planning:

  • there is some concern about building security, with doors sometimes being left unlocked, the alarm not set, and thermostats not returned to their automatic setting. The PC and clergy will work again with all building users to reinforce the importance of this
  • Gregg shared a quote from a vendor of about $6k to redo the main men’s and women’s bathroom, but this id not include design choices. Amber will work on design recommendations for these
  • Rachel had gotten a quote from Grigore’s Flooring for redoing the Sanctuary and balcony floors ($8500 and $1500, respectively). The PC will revisit next meeting how this should be sequenced with painting, carpeting, and other activities
  • the PC approved $1500 for replacement of light fixtures in the Fellowship Hall
  • Daniel will examine alternatives for keeping the basement dry, given that the sump pump currently does nothing
  • the PC confirmed the standing policy that alcohol is not permitted for events held at the church

Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday April 2 in the upper meeting room.

Comments ( 0 )

    Leave A Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *