Old North Abbey, Knoxville, TN
Parish Council Special Covid19 Meeting Summary, meeting of June 17, 2020 (by Zoom)
Minutes prepared by Amber Ford, summary by Daniel Yoder
Attendees: Aaron, Amber, Brent, Charleen, Daniel, Gregg, Spencer
Absent: Mary, Rusty
Clergy attending: Brad, Joy
Update from ADOTS: no additional information
Update from Knox County / Tennessee: Well into Phase 2. Cases are rising, but hospitalizations and deaths remain low.
Debriefing on and subsequent plans for in-person services;
- as decided on last meeting, on June 14 there was an early outdoor service attended by 93 people, an evening service in the sanctuary attended by 12-13, and the evening service was broadcast by Zoom to 12-13 households.
- the morning service went very well, with excellent participation and no problems with following safety guidelines. The children behaved exceptionally well, and Aaron congratulated them in particular in a follow-up email on Monday
- the volume for the morning service was OK, but we will consider purchasing a portable speaker in order to reduce voice strain and accommodate more people.
- for those there, the evening service felt more strained and strange. Aaron will contact those households to get feedback on whether they would prefer sticking with that, moving to a solely Zoom service, or participating in a larger outdoor service.
- the Zoom broadcast of the evening service did not work very well due to technical difficulties.
- the sign-up for the morning outdoor service will be expanded to 125 (was at 100 for the 14th), and people will be reminded to bring hats, pop-up tents, etc. for the sun.
Next meeting 7:30 pm Tuesday July 7 in the Commons or by Zoom.